Textual Grammar of Thank You Ma'am with answers - Kabir Mondal

An Educational Website kabirmondal.blogspot.com offers NCERT Solutions, CBSE Solutions, WBBSE English Class - 6,7,8,9,10, WBCHSE (H.S) English Class 11,12, Texts, Notes, Grammar, Projects, Writings, PDF Books and Notes, Previous Year Question Paper, Sample Paper, MCQ questions and answers, Short (SAQ) questions and answers, Broad/Long/Descriptive questions and answers, MCQ Practice Sets, SAQ Practice Sets, Health and Fitness Tips and many more.

Fresh Topics

Saturday 8 August 2020

Textual Grammar of Thank You Ma'am with answers

Textual Grammar of Thank You Ma'am with answers for Class - 12 | WBCHSE | Thank You Ma'am textual grammar with answers

Do as directed

Voice Change of  Thank You Ma'am

1. Pick up my pocketbook.

2. What did you want to do it for?

3. I won't turn you loose.

4. She did not release him.

5. I would teach you right from wrong.

6. Was I bothering you?  ?  Mrs.  Jones put a half - nelson about his neck.

8. She switched on the light.

9. She left the door open.

10. I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes.

11. He had dried his face with a towel.

12. He could make a dash for it down the hall.

13. I wanted things I couldn't get.

14. I didn't snatch people's pocketbooks.

15. You might run that comb through your hair.

16. Do you need somebody to go to the store?

17. She heated some lima beans.

18. The woman did not ask the boy anything about his address.

19. Then she cut him a half of her ten - cent cake.

20. Next time, don't make the mistake of latching onto my pocketbook.

21. She led him down the hall to the front door.

22. The boy wanted to say something.

23. He never saw her again.

Answers 

1.  You are ordered to pick up my pocket book.

2.  What was it wanted by you to do it for?

3.  You won't be turned loose by me.

4.  He was not released by her.

5.  You would be taught right from wrong by me.

6.  Were you being bothered by me?

7.  A half - nelson was put by Mrs.  Jones about his neck.

8.  The light was switched on by her.

9.  The door was left open by her.

10. A pair of blue suede shoes were wanted by me.

11. His face had been dried by him with a towel.

12. A dash for it could be made by him down the hall.

13. Things I could not get were wanted by me.

14. People's pockets were not snatched by me.

15. That comb might be run through your hair by you.

16. Is anybody needed by you to go to the store?

17. Some lima beans were heated by her.

18. The boy was not asked anything about his address by the woman.

19. Then a half of her ten - cent cake was cut him by her.

20. You are ordered not to make the mistake of latching onto my pocket book next time.

21. He was led down the hall to the front door by her.

22. To say something was not wanted by the boy.

23. She was never seen by him again.

Narration Change of Thank You Ma'am

1. Then she said to the boy, "Ain't you ashamed of yourself?"

2. The woman said to the boy, "What did you want to do it for?"

3. "The woman said," Pick up my pocketbook, boy, and give it here. "

4. " Then it will get washed this evening, "said the large woman.

5. The being dragged boy said, "I just want you to turn me loose."

6. "Was I bothering you when I turned that corner?" She said to the boy.

7. She said, "What is your name?"

8. "You gonna take me to jail?" Said the boy to Mrs.  Jones.

9. "There's nobody's home at my house," said the boy.

10. "I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes," said the boy.

11. "Goodnight! Behave yourself, boy!" She said, looking out into the street.

Answers 

1. Then she asked the boy if he was ashamed of himself.

2. The woman asked the boy what he had wanted to do it for.

3. The woman ordered the boy to pick up her pocketbook and give it there.

4. The large woman said that then it would get washed that evening.

5. The being dragged boy said that he just wanted her to turn him loose.

6. She asked the boy if she was bothering him when she had turned that corner.

7. She asked what his name was.

8. The boy asked Mrs.  Jones if she was going to take him to jail.

9. The boy said that there was nobody home at his house.

10. That boy said that he had wanted a pair of blue suede shoes.

11. She wished the boy goodnight looking out into the street and told him to behave properly.

Error Correction of Thank You Ma'am

1. What for did you want to do it?

2. Then it will get wash this evening.

3. I want a pair of blue suede shoe.

Answers 

1. What did you want to do for it?

2. Then it will get washed this evening.

3. I want a pair of blue suede shoes.

Transformation of Sentences of 
Thank You Ma'am

1.  She was a large woman with a large purse that had everything in it.  (make it simple)

2.  The strap broke with a single tug the boy gave it from behind.  (join into a compound sentence)

3. She bent down enough to permit him to stoop.  (make it complex)

4. Mrs.  Jones put a half - nelson about his neck, and continued to drag him up the street.  (make it a simple sentence)

5.  The purse had a long strap.  (make it complex)

6.  If I turn you loose, will you run?  (make it simple)

7.  She did not release him.  (Use the noun from 'release' and rewirte.)

8.  Your face will get washed this evening.  (use the noun form of 'washed' and rewrite)

9.  He looked as if he were fourteen or fifteen.  (make it simple)

10. When she got to her door, she dragged the boy inside.  (make it simple)

11. The boy could hear other roomers laughing.  (make it complex).

12. I wanted a pair of blue suede shoes.  (make it complex)

13. There's nobody home at my house.  (make it affirmative)

14. There was a very long pause.  (make it complex).

Answers 

1.  She was a large woman with a large purse with everything in it.

2.  The boy gave a single tug from behind and the strap broke.

3.  She bent down enough so that she could permit him to stoop.

4.  Putting a half - nelson about his neck, Mrs.  Jones continued to drag him up the street.

5.  The purse had a long strap which was long.

6.  Will you run on my turning you loose?

7.  She gave him release.

8.  Your face will get washing this evening.

9. He looked like a boy of fourteen or fifteen.

10. On getting to her door, she dragged the boy inside.

11. The boy could hear other roomers who were laughing.

12.  wanted a pair of suede shoes which were blue.

13. There is only me at my house.

14. There was a pause which was very long.


1 comment: