Important textual articles and prepositions for H.S / class - 12th - Kabir Mondal

An Educational Website kabirmondal.blogspot.com offers NCERT Solutions, CBSE Solutions, WBBSE English Class - 6,7,8,9,10, WBCHSE (H.S) English Class 11,12, Texts, Notes, Grammar, Projects, Writings, PDF Books and Notes, Previous Year Question Paper, Sample Paper, MCQ questions and answers, Short (SAQ) questions and answers, Broad/Long/Descriptive questions and answers, MCQ Practice Sets, SAQ Practice Sets, Health and Fitness Tips and many more.

Fresh Topics

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Important textual articles and prepositions for H.S / class - 12th

Important textual articles and prepositions for H.S / class - 12th board exam -  2021

Fill in the blanks with  appropriate articles and  prepositions. 

1. I had the train  compartment to myself up to Rohana, then a girl got in. The couple who saw her off were probably her parents. They seemed very anxious about her comfort and the woman gave the girl detailed instructions.


2. I moved easily along the berth and felt for the window ledge. The window was open and I faced it, making a pretence of studying the landscape. I heard the panting of the engine, the rumble of the wheels, and, in my mind's eye I could see telegraph posts flashing by.


3. I was prepared to sit there for almost any length of time, just to listen to her talking. Her voice had the sparkle of a mountain stream. As soon as she left the train she would forget our brief encounter. But it would stay with me for the rest of the journey and for some time after


4. She was standing very close to me. So close that the perfume from her hair was tantalizing. I wanted to raise my hand and touch her hair but she moved away. Only the scent of perfume still lingered.


5.There was some confusion in the doorway. A man, getting into the compartment, stammered an apology.


6. In reply to the first question, some said that to know the right time for every action, one must draw up in advance, a table of days, months and years, and must live strictly according to it. 


7.The Tsar turned round, and saw a bearded man come running out of the wood. The man held his hands pressed against his stomach, and blood was flowing from under them. 


8. Meanwhile the sun had set, and it had become cool. So the Tsar, with the hermit's help, carried the wounded man into the hut and laid him on the bed. Lying on the bed the man closed his eyes. 


9.So I came out from my ambush to find you, and I came upon your bodyguard, and they recognized me, and wounded me. I escaped from them, but should have bled to death had you not dressed my wound. 


No comments:

Post a Comment